Music Care Training - Level 1
Course Information (click here to book your place)
Part one of a three-level training programme that prepares caregivers to use music in their care practice with increased confidence and theoretical understanding.
Level 1 will introduce you to basic theory of music care, as well as strategies that can be applied to various settings:
This 2 day course will prepare you to:
- understand the basic principles of music in care
- gain confidence using specific music care techniques
- develop a strategic plan for a music care programme in your practice
Course Code CPD-MCT-L1
Course Leader Nick Cutts and Oli Matthews
- Course Description
The University of Nottingham has partnered with the Room 217 Foundation to bring you a unique opportunity to deepen your understanding of music’s effect in care spaces and in caring relationships.
This 2 day programme is designed to help you better understand how music can work in a care setting. The Music Care Certificate Level 1 course will:
- give you tools to use music more freely in your professional and personal life
- help you develop strategies for using music in your care practice, be it caring for a patient, a family member, or for yourself
- help you develop an awareness of how music can be used strategically to meet certain caregiving goals
- provide an opportunity to try techniques of music care
- help you develop a basic understanding of key musical elements and terminology
- Describe the goals of music care and how they can be applied to care settings
- Discuss the context and impact of music care within a changing health care system
- Position music care as an approach rather than a scope of practice
- Adopt the impact of rhythm, melody and timbre in care situations
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to the impact of sound and music in a care space
- Show awareness of a range of music care resources and provide examples
- Apply ten music care strategies
- Build confidence using the voice as an instrument of care
- Develop a proposal for a music care initiative in a real-life care setting
Who should attend
The programme has been designed for:
- health care providers
- family and volunteer caregivers
- any community stakeholders who would like to increase their knowledge and practical applications of music in care.
Please note that the training course will run 09:00 - 17:00 both days.