Quality Care in Kettering
On a visit yesterday to Wicksteed Court Care Home in Kettering, Northamptonshire, Professor Martin Green OBE, Chief Executive of Care England praised the quality of care being provided.
Professor Martin Green OBE, Chief Executive of Care England, says: “During my visit I was able to talk to residents, relatives, and staff and all were unanimous in their praise for the service and the support that Wicksteed Court Care Home was offering to older people”
The visit coincided with the announcement that Boris Johnson had won the Conservative leadership election and thus been appointed Prime Minister.
Martin Green continues: “I hope that social care will be at the top of the new Government’s agenda. For too long social care has been the poor relation to the NHS yet without it the NHS would quite simply crumble”.
Notes to editors:
- Care England is the largest representative body for independent providers of adult social care
- Care England works to ensure that care services are commissioned fairly, efficiently and on a properly funded basis, to meet the true costs of providing quality care. Care England analysis indicates that where known around one in five councils (20%) did not increase their base rates for either residential or nursing home placements in 2018/19, despite rising inflation and increased workforce costs.
- For Care England press enquiries related to this release, please contact Antonella Corby (020) 7492 4843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more info. on Care England’s Digital Programme, please contact Daniel Casson, Digital Development Executive - 07284 509696 (email@example.com)
- Check out the twitter feeds @CareEngland & @CareEngDigital